How often to wash a bra, how to store it to keep it in good condition? When buying this type of garment, we often wonder what care should be taken to keep this intimate garment as good as new.
These garments need special care so that they are not deformed, damaged or torn. Washing them in the washing machine without adequate protection or storing them in the wrong way can cause these garments to deteriorate easily.
Tips for taking care of your bras:
Follow these tips to conserve your bras and tops:
- Avoid using them more than three days in a row, change them regularly.
- Renew them at least once a year, it is not recommended to keep them for a long time.
- Wear them in the correct size, to prevent them from deforming quickly by forcing them.
How to wash bras correctly?
- It is not necessary to wash them every time you use them. To prevent them from wearing out, you should wash them approximately every 3 to 5 days, depending on the physical activity you do. The sports tops you wear for your daily exercise routines, if you should wash them after each use.
- Preferably wash them by hand, with neutral soap or soap for delicate clothes, as follows: use a container with cold water and neutral soap, let the garment stand for a few minutes and then rub gently, rinse and wring out without twisting the garment too much.
- Avoid washing your tops and bras in the washing machine, as they can be easily damaged. If you decide to wash them in the washing machine, use a protective bag to prevent them from getting caught in other garments and losing their shape.
How to dry bras?
- Avoid using a tumble dryer, as the heat from this machine can damage and deteriorate the fabrics of intimate apparel.
- Do not twist bra cups when draining.
- Avoid hanging them by the straps, use a flat surface to prevent them from stretching.
How to store fasteners correctly?
- Store them in drawers separate from other underwear.
- For bras with straps, hide the straps on the inside and stack them one by one. The strapless ones, you can keep the cups of one inside the next one.
- Sports tops, usually do not have cups, so you can fold them and store them this way.
So it’s time for you to go through your underwear drawers and you can sort and classify these intimate garments properly, remember that there are many styles of these garments, bras with cups, bralettes, strapless tops, sports tops and each one should have a different care.
If you want to know which bra you should choose according to your bust type, you can read the following article: tops according to bust type .
We hope that these tips will help you to keep these intimate garments in good condition, at Cocotfyma you can find bralettes, cotton tops and sports tops, find the right bra for you.